Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Patio Garden Transformation - Before and After

Back in January I took a video of my back patio and talked about cleaning it up and getting it ready for the spring planting. A couple of weeks ago I took another video showing the changes.

Before:



After:




Big difference between the two videos. Lots happening in the garden as tomatoes are now growing and everyday I wake up hoping I will see red poking out from the leaves. So far I've been able to harvest herbs and sugar snap peas.

I've had a lot of ups and downs. I lost my pickling cucumbers to a disease that will stay in the soil in the container for up to two and a half years. I lost my spaghetti squash to powdery mildew that became too invasive. Lost many marigold seedlings after some bug ate the leaves off.

I'm growing everything organically and I'm learning how to nourish and protect my plants through organic means.

My ups, besides the many plants that are doing well, finally sprouted lavender after weeks of soaking the seeds in water, better luck sprouting marigolds, and I learned how to brew vermicompost tea (very exciting)!

I'm learning about when to plant what to have the best harvests and to have veggies year round. Many experiments and growing new things and more than I've ever grown in the past.

Check back on Wednesdays as I update what is going on in my garden and what I'm cooking with my harvests. If you can't wait until then, check out my Instagram feed and see what's happening on a daily basis. 

What's happening in your garden? Do you have a patio space where you could be growing food?



PageLines- picture20193.jpgMorgan Dragonwillow is a poet, foodie, and urban gardener (zone 7b) using a pen, shovel, and ladle to create a better world.  
You can also find her on Google+

Sign up to receive all the foodie fun in your inbox!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's cooking in your kitchen and garden?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...