Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gardening Anxiety - It is Not the End of the World


I am breathing. Mistakes happen, it isn't a big deal, I can fix it or change it or whatever. Then why does it affect me the way it does?

As I mentioned in Red Worms, Seedlings, Oh My, I planted seeds into one gallon water jugs as little greenhouses. One of the things you are suppose to do is put them outside after you plant them. I didn't do it. I couldn't. I kept telling myself that I was going to put them outside but it was so cold out there. I know, they say it is okay, it will make them stronger and then when it gets warmer they will grow. I kept telling myself I was going to do it later.


Today I saw that my Black Prince Tomatoes and my onions had sprouted (not suppose to sprout yet in the jugs). One of the tomato seedlings looked like it had a little mold on it. If I had put them out, that wouldn't have happened. If I hadn't watered them too much, that wouldn't have happened.

My chest felt tight. My anxiety had me turning around, going in the living room, and turning on the television.

I know that mistakes are suppose to be okay. I know that sometimes I will do things my own way even if the experts say to do it another way. Sometimes it will work out and sometimes it won't.

Logically, I know this but I can't help what happens within my body at the most unexpected times.

I'm breathing. I have plenty of seed. I will plant more. It will all be okay.

Do you have anxiety pop up when gardening? If you do how do you deal with it?



PageLines- picture20193.jpgMorgan Dragonwillow is a writing rebel, foodie, urban gardener, recovering perfectionist, poet & author that (mostly) doesn't let her fears get in the way of her passion for writing and creating. She is team leader at @StoryDam, creatrix of  #OctPoWriMo You can find her writing and dancing into a wild and juicy life at morgandragonwillow.com. She lives in Marietta, Ga. with her loving and patient partner, their dog that thinks she's a princess, and the cat that reminds her that she isn't.
You can also find her on Google+

Did you enjoy this article, then sign up to receive all the Foodie Fun in your inbox!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's cooking in your kitchen and garden?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...